|new old more book profile blog rings host|
1. What is your name?
Annabel Lee Copes.
2. Are you male or female?
3. What is your address?
4. What state were you born in? What city? What hospital?
California. Sobaco. Sobaco General Hospital.
5. How old are you? What is your birthdate?
38. November 3, 1964.
6. What are your parents' names?
Maggie Copes. Lee Copes.
7. Do you speak any foreign languages?
I speak a little French and a little Spanish. Not enough to count on.
8. What's your astrological sign?
9. Are you right-handed or left-handed?
10. Are you near-sighted or far-sighted?
Near-sighted, though lately my vision has changed.
11. Are you overweight or underweight?
12. What is your height, your weight, your eye color?
I am five foot five and three-quarters. I decline to state my weight on the grounds that it will incriminate me. My eye color is brown, light brown. If you look very closely, you can see green showing through in places.
13. Do you wear corrective lenses?
Yes, I wear glasses.
14. What is your Social Security number?
15. Are you married, divorced, or widowed?
I have been in a committed relationship with the same person for nine years. We are not married.
16. What was your maiden name?
17. What is your spouse's name?
18. What is your anniversary date? How many years have you been married?
We consider February 14th an anniversary because that was the first day we met in person after getting to know each other online and over the phone. We have considered ourselves a couple since February 1994. However, we are not married.
19. How many children do you have? How many grandkids? What are their names? How old are they?
We have three children. They are Criminy, 7, Felony, 7, and Jasper ("Jinx"), 4.
20. What is, or was, your occupation?
I am a writer and editor. I also teach my kids at home.
21. Who is your next of kin?
My mother, Maggie.
22. What is your race? What is your religion?
I am what they call Anglo-American. I have no religion; I am an atheist.
23. What is your political affiliation?
I've been registered Green since 1996. Formerly a Democrat.
24. Do you live in the suburbs or the city?
I live in a suburban city with a population of approx. 116,000.
25. Do you live in an apartment, house, a condo, or a retirement home?
26. Are you allergic to anything?
Probably, since I get woozy during allergy season, but nothing I can confidently report.
27. What's your blood type?
A negative. Six percent of people have this blood type.
28. What does your voice sound like?
On tape, it often sounds higher-pitched (and more annoying) than I expect. But some people have said they find it enjoyable to listen to, particularly on the phone.
29. What have been the names of your pets?
Daisy, Honey, John Henry, Bonnie, Samson, Delilah, Chin-Choo.
30. What is your nickname?
I don't have one.
Questions from To Our Children's Children: Preserving Family Histories for Generations to Come by Bob Greene and D.G. Fulford.